Skip to main content

Mitsubishi Ki-46

Here's my last model a Ki-46 Dinah used during WW2 by the Japanese. The 37mm cannon on the top was used to destroy US bombers.
The kit is Tamiya 1/48 with PE parts from Eduard and scratch. I bought it 2.50 Euros LOL

A few things had to be corrected or added:
- Remove some panel lines on the right side of fuselage corresponding to foothelds and handhelds
- Add foothelds and handhelds
- Add trim tab on both wings
- Add various cables inside cockpits
- I also added some rivets here and there

Note that PE parts are so small that I had to replace them. Personnaly I cannot fold a 3 mm parts in 3 sunrevolves.gif
Overall, the kit is easy to build, except some fitting issues when one wants to let the canopy open. Moreover, if you are using the Eduard PE you will have to carefully dry-fit the landing gear...

Painting:
* Aotake : Tamiya TS-17, plus a thin layer of "Clear blue"
* Top: Tamiya XF-13 / XF-1 ; 50/50 and a few drops of Olive green (Xf-58)
* Bottom: Tamiya XF-12 / XF-19 ; 50/50
* Flat coat: 50% Gunze h-20 + 50% Tamiya thinner (maybe a bit foggy sometimes)


Hope you enjoy wink.gif












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northrop F-5E Tiger II - Walkaround (Swiss Air Force)

Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 Walkaround

Walkaround of the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 (J-355; Werk NummerlFactory Number 2422) exhibited at the Swiss Air Force Museum at Dubendorf Air Base near Zurich, Switzerland. My wife and I visited this museum and although I was more enthusiastic than her I think she appreciated it :) bf-109 antenna isolator Antenna isolator Antenna isolator 20MM FF-K Oe 37 (Flugzeugfliigel-Kanone Oerlikon 1937) Engine radiator flap Exhausts Right landing gear Left landing gear Wheel bay cover Pitot tube   Radiator flap indicator

Mil Mi-6 Hook cockpit (Aviation museum of Riga, Latvia)

This huge baby welcomes you when you get inside the aviation museum of Riga. Before being replaced by the Mil Mi-26 Halo, the Mi-6 was the biggest helicopter in the world.  This aircraft was repainted by the museum. Needless to say that when the guy of the museum asked me if I wanted to get inside this monster I was about to poop in my pants :-) Portboard landing gear I was lucky enough to get inside the monster and discover a museum full of soviet-era stuff Some access door on the ceiling Seat inside the nose of the monster Inside the nose (portboard) Starboard side of the nose +  my hairy arm as a bonus Above pilot's head