Skip to main content

Grumman JRF-5 Goose - Part 1

I love the cute little chubby look of the Goose and it is probably one of my favorite aircraft, so I decided to add a bit of detailling to the kit.




The kit is from the Czech manufacturer AZ-model (1/72 mold from Sword) and can be qualified as a short run kit. The general shape is correct and the fit seems pretty good (to be confirmed...). The cockpit and the passenger cabin are rather basic with only resin seats and the instrument panel.  Needless to say that I will have a lot of fun detailling the interior , since I want the bow compartment and the passenger cabin to be open. I am also very tempted to make a diorama, probably with the Goose moored through a bow hatch, among other ideas. I will see. For the painting I am also very tempted by a early war US navy 2-tones camo.


Passenger cabin and bow compartment doors had to be open. I did a bit of detailling in the wheel bay.


Passenger cabin


Cokpit




Bow compartment

Notice here that the extra window in the cabin had to be closed (plastic card + filler)



That's only the beginning ....

Comments

  1. Awesome Job!!! I'm about 65% through this kit also, however, didn't quite get that detailed in the interior. Did however convert to retractable floats, and 3 bladed hartsell props.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richard for nice comment ! Do you have some pics of your project, it seems pretty cool ?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Northrop F-5E Tiger II - Walkaround (Swiss Air Force)

Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 Walkaround

Walkaround of the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 (J-355; Werk NummerlFactory Number 2422) exhibited at the Swiss Air Force Museum at Dubendorf Air Base near Zurich, Switzerland. My wife and I visited this museum and although I was more enthusiastic than her I think she appreciated it :) bf-109 antenna isolator Antenna isolator Antenna isolator 20MM FF-K Oe 37 (Flugzeugfliigel-Kanone Oerlikon 1937) Engine radiator flap Exhausts Right landing gear Left landing gear Wheel bay cover Pitot tube   Radiator flap indicator

Mil Mi-6 Hook cockpit (Aviation museum of Riga, Latvia)

This huge baby welcomes you when you get inside the aviation museum of Riga. Before being replaced by the Mil Mi-26 Halo, the Mi-6 was the biggest helicopter in the world.  This aircraft was repainted by the museum. Needless to say that when the guy of the museum asked me if I wanted to get inside this monster I was about to poop in my pants :-) Portboard landing gear I was lucky enough to get inside the monster and discover a museum full of soviet-era stuff Some access door on the ceiling Seat inside the nose of the monster Inside the nose (portboard) Starboard side of the nose +  my hairy arm as a bonus Above pilot's head